Đóng
ECONOMY
Listening comprehension
Hướng dẫn

1Bạn hãy chuẩn bị giấy, bút để có thể ghi nhanh lại những từ, ý chính trong khi nghe

2Đọc kỹ hướng dẫn, yêu cầu và câu hỏi trước khi nghe.

3Nghe lại bài kèm lời thoại nhiều lần sau khi hoàn thành bài tập.

Yêu cầu

Trong phần luyện tập bên dưới, các bạn lưu ý:

Từ câu hỏi số 1 đến câu số 5, các bạn sẽ nghe Audio 1 - đoạn hội thoại giữa Fanny và Sarah về đồng đô la Canada. Bạn sẽ nghe tại đây:

Từ câu hỏi số 6 đến câu số 12, các bạn sẽ nghe Audio 2 – một ghi âm nói về máy ATM. Bạn sẽ nghe tại đây:

Listening comprehension quiz

Các bạn hãy trả lời các câu hỏi liên quan đến bài nghe trong bài luyện tập dưới đây nhé!

Transcript

Các bạn có thể nghe lại bài kèm lời thoại nhiều lần bằng cách nhấn vào nút dưới đây

Dialogue

Fanny: Hey, Sarah, you know, recently I heard that the Canadian dollar is very strong.

Sarah: It is. It's been amazingly strong for the last few months.

Fanny: What happened? I mean, how come?

Sarah: It went up. The reasons behind why the Canadian dollar is strong...

Fanny: Yeah.

Sarah: Very good question. Without getting too complicated, my understanding is the Canadian dollar is linked to a lot of primary industries, so things like, oil or mining or timber from forests and right now I think there's a high demand for those kind of products, so because of that it has pushed the Canadian dollar up. But also I think many other currencies have gone down a bit, like the American dollar has dropped a lot.

Fanny: Really. OK.

Sarah: I don't follow the currency markets too closely.

Fanny: OK, I see.

Sarah: But I think because the American dollar has gone down as well, that means that, you know, it doesn't take as much Canadian money to equal American money now, so I think those are probably two of the reasons why it's been strong.

Fanny: I see. I know that Canada is a country which is really rich in the natural resources, but are there still a lot of natural resources left now?

Sarah: That's another good question. I think that there are still quite a lot of resources.

Fanny: Oh, nice.

Sarah: Which is, you know, is good but some of them are decreasing quite a bit.

Fanny: I think so, because of consumption.

Sarah: It's too...

Fanny: Too big.

Sarah: Right.

Fanny: Yeah.

Sarah: And we export a lot of our resources too, so, you know, the United States is always taking a lot of our resources so that's like a huge market right there, but I think there's still lots of oil but maybe the... some of the trees, you know, they cut them down pretty fast and they take a long time to grow back, so you have to watch out there.

Fanny: OK, I think that's a very good reason for the strong Canadian dollar.

Sarah: It could be but you probably should ask an economist. Maybe they can tell you a bit more informed insight than I can.

Talk

ATMs which stand for ''Automated Teller Machines'', are an easy, convenient way to access your account from almost anywhere. They're used to electronically withdraw money from your bank account. Unlike human bank tellers, ATMs work 24/7, so you can withdraw your funds during an emergency. ATMs are found not just at banks, but at supermarkets, shopping malls, and outside on city streets. If you're new to them, don't worry. It's easy. The instructions are right here. Let's follow some common steps:

- First, insert your ATM Card into the machine.

- Next, select a language. Note that this option often only comes up where your card is registered as being from another country, unless you live in a country or region where languages other than English are often used.

- After that, enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number), then press Enter. Make sure you enter the correct PIN.

- And then, select a transaction.

- If you want to withdraw money, select or enter the amount to take out. The ATM electronically contacts your bank account and withdraws the amount you specified. Afterward, it vends cash, which you pick up from a drawer at the bottom of the machine. Take the cash when the door opens.

- Then choose whether to do an additional transaction. Select Yes or No.

- Choose whether you want a receipt, select Yes or No. Take the receipt if you requested it.

- Wait while the system processes your transaction(s).When the machine beeps at you, take your card, cash, and receipt (if applicable). Always make sure that you have both your cash and your card.

And here are some additional tips for using ATMs:

- As you approach the ATM, look around for other people. If it is night time, pick an ATM in a well-lit location. If using a drive-up ATM, pull up close to it so no one can see you enter your PIN. If you are uncomfortable with the area or the people around the machine, find a different machine or use the machine some other time.

- If you make a mistake entering a number or you pick a choice you didn't mean, press ''cancel'' or ''no''. Most machines will ask you ''is this correct?'' to give you a chance to change your entries.

- If you are still unsure how to use an ATM, go inside the bank or ask an employee or ask someone you trust to help you the first time.

- If your card is lost or stolen, call your bank as soon as possible to tell them it is lost and obtain a replacement.

Bạn cần đăng nhập để gửi bài hoặc bình luận

Yêu thích
Kiểm tra đầu vào
Luyện thi 123 - Học Toán. Tiếng Việt thú vị - Thi hiệu quả
Hỏi đáp nhanh
Chỉ tài khoản VIP mới thấy mục này