Đóng
ENVIRONMENT
Listening Comprehension
Hướng dẫn

1Bạn hãy chuẩn bị giấy, bút để có thể ghi nhanh lại những từ, ý chính trong khi nghe

2Đọc kỹ hướng dẫn, yêu cầu và câu hỏi trước khi nghe.

3Nghe lại bài kèm lời thoại nhiều lần sau khi hoàn thành bài tập.

Yêu cầu

Trong phần luyện tập bên dưới, các bạn lưu ý:

Từ câu hỏi số 1 đến câu hỏi số 5, các bạn sẽ nghe Jack trình bày quan điểm của mình về vấn đề nuôi giữ động vật hoang dã trong các sở thú. Bạn hãy chú ý lắng nghe và xác định các thông tin đưa ra là Đúng hay Sai. Bạn sẽ nghe Audio 1 tại đây:

Từ câu hỏi số 6 đến câu số 10, các bạn sẽ nghe một ý kiến khác của Katy về vấn đề này. Bạn hãy chú ý lắng nghe và xác định các thông tin đưa ra là Đúng hay Sai. Bạn sẽ nghe Audio 2 tại đây:

Listening Comprehension Quiz

Transcript

Các bạn có thể nghe lại bài kèm lời thoại nhiều lần bằng cách nhấn vào nút dưới đây

Jack - 30 years old - a businessman

I don't like zoos because I think a life in a cage kills the spirit of animals, and it is not right to take them away from their lives in a natural environment. I don't think that most people who visit zoos go there to learn anything, they just go for entertainment. Why should an animal be in prison just so kids can throw food at it? Most people don't really care about animals, and they would be just as happy to see a movie or visit Disneyland, for entertainment.

The Earth is losing most of its animals, and when one type of animal is completely dead, we say that it is "extinct". Even though some zoos are very honest about where they get animals, I know that some zoos are not. Some zoos will buy animals from anybody, and they don't care about where an animal came from. This means that zoos give money to illegal hunting, and this makes the problem of extinction worse. I am against zoos because they don't really help protect wild animals, and they do more harm than good.

Katy - 25 years old - a nurse

It is important to remember that zoos are much better now than in the past because most modern zoos have big cages and healthy food for animals which gives them a high quality of life. In fact, animals in zoos usually live longer than in the wild.

I'm also in favor of zoos because they really are an important part of animal conservation. Extinction is such a big problem, and zoos help conservation in three main ways: First, it is important to keep a few of the animals alive in zoos. Even if all the wild tigers are killed by people, the tiger will not go extinct if we keep some alive in zoos. Zoos also help protect wild animals because they are a safe place for scientists to study. They learn things in zoos about how to make new medicines for animals, so we can take better care of animals in the wild.

The third way that zoos help stop extinction is that they can educate people and give them new information. But, it's more than just information. Don't you think that we feel something special when we see animals? For me, being close to animals made me think and feel differently about the environment. I think it's important to teach young people about the need for conservation, and zoos are a good way to tell them about how animals live in their natural environment.

Hopefully, teaching young people about the important need for conservation will help them think differently. Maybe seeing the beauty of a tiger from just one meter away will make some people stop buying traditional tiger bone medicines that don't work. Maybe learning that most monkeys are already extinct will make people stop going to wildlife restaurants.

The question of zoos is complicated, but I believe they do more good than harm.

Bạn cần đăng nhập để gửi bài hoặc bình luận

Yêu thích
Kiểm tra đầu vào
Luyện thi 123 - Học Toán. Tiếng Việt thú vị - Thi hiệu quả
Hỏi đáp nhanh
Chỉ tài khoản VIP mới thấy mục này